Agylia builds learning technology solutions for some of the largest and most innovative companies in the world. This includes cloud services and mobile Apps running on Android and iOS devices.
We are looking for a Software Test Engineer to join the team, working alongside the software development team, based at our head office just north of Bristol.
Do you have software testing experience, meticulous attention to detail, and a passion for the software testing discipline? If so, we want to hear from you.
As a Software Test Engineer, you will report to the IT, Software Test and Support Manager. You will work with members of the software development team to build the next generation of learning solutions. You will participate in all aspects of the software development life cycle from planning, design, and implementation all the way to release.
- Manage and ensure the quality of software releases
- Design and develop test plans for multiple platforms (Web and App based)
- Write test cases from test specs and design documents
- Execute test cases and procedures using a wide array of test equipment and software
- Identify and clearly document software defects, including detailed reproduction steps
- Identify inefficiencies and drive innovation
- Expand the use of automated testing tools
- Write technical user-facing documentation
As a Software Test Engineer, you should have a passion for software testing and a strong motivation for delivering quality products. The successful candidate will be a team player, well organised, proactive and with an excellent attention to detail. You will be able to demonstrate knowledge of software testing principles, and have some experience of agile software development practices, and software testing tools.
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Knowledge of Web and App software testing techniques and principles
- Ability to work well and participate effectively in a team environment
- Well organised with strong time and task management skills
- At least a year's software testing and QA experience
- Degree qualified in relevant subject or equivalent experience / education
The role will be based at our head office at Tortworth, just north of Bristol.
Due to our rural location you must have a full driving licence and your own transport.
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday
- Private healthcare
- Company pension scheme
- Death in service and income protection insurance
- Opportunity to take part in the Company share option scheme
- For the right candidate, training will be provided to further your testing skills
How to apply
To apply for the role, please send your CV to email@example.com
You must have full existing eligibility to work in the UK.
Please note, only suitable applicants will be contacted and incomplete CVs will not be considered.
Current job openings
Software Test EngineerDo you have software testing experience and a passion for the software testing discipline?
Marketing and Telesales ExecutiveLooking for a role where you can make a big impact on growing an international reseller channel?
Senior Technologist - Content MasterAre you an experienced Senior Technologist with a strong background in Microsoft technologies?